We would be happy to discuss with you in person what we believe over primary issues (that which sets us apart as Christians from all other world religions) as well as secondary issues. However below are a few of the essentials to which we cling.
- In one God, our Creator, existing in three persons: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and are deserving of death (eternal separation from God), BUT Jesus Christ (fully God and fully human) died for our sins and was resurrected.
- That those who believe in Jesus are justified by grace through faith given to them, are given the Holy Spirit and become children of God.
- That all Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16) and that it is absolute truth – the final authority in life.
Mission & Values
Our mission – simply put – is “to know Christ and to make Him known.” We are able to strategically and intentionally carry this out through our vision, which is captured in Acts 2:42.
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.”
As a group Navs@CMU is devoted to:
- reading, hearing, memorizing, studying, meditating on, understanding and applying God’s Word.
- “doing life” with one another – growing together, sharing with and providing for each another and laboring together for the Kingdom of God.
- conversing with God on a regular basis through prayer, seeking His council in all things, praying together for each other’s needs and praising Him.